Do you know a child that has been bullied? Maybe your own child or grandchild?
Children that experience bullying can have negative results physically, socially, emotionally, and mentally. It can effect their health and their academics. Kids who experience bullying are more likely to have the following symptoms:
- Increased feelings of loneliness or sadness
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Loss of interest in activities
- Health problems
- Change in academic achievement
- Lose interest in school participation
- Lose interest in extra curricular activities
As adults we need to tune in and keep our eyes open to those children around us. Don’t be afraid to ask questions when you see these things. By inserting ourselves gently into these situations, we can help those that may need some encouragement.